Friday, October 31, 2003

My week in review:
Another slow week at the Junior High School. Between midterm tests and preparation for the culture festival, I had two days without classes. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what mood I'm in.
For instance Thursday I was feeling in a bit of a bookish mood, and was quite content to be left alone in the teacher’s lounge with a cup of coffee and my study materials. (Especially since the Japanese proficiency test is next month). By Friday I was feeling a bit more restless.
But when we don't have English class, I do find other things to keep me occupied. Helping out with the Home economics class (I mostly help with the eating part, but this week I also did some cooking with the students). I've been watching the rehearsals for the culture festival. And, I created my own stamp with my name written in its phonetic equivalent in Chinese Kanji characters (which are also used in Japan).
I had a couple good days at the Elementary school though. The games I brought with me took off really well. (Which doesn't always happen. Often my games will fall flat).