Monday, October 20, 2003

My Weekend:
Nothing too exciting, but I'll throw it up here anyway.
Friday night we threw ourselves a celebration party with the money we won from the Dream Ball dance competition in Beppu (a dance competition I entered with some other foriegn and Japanese friends). Good fun.
Saturday I showed a Japanese friend of mine around the sites of my town in Ajimu. Although she has spent her whole life in Oita city, she had never been to Ajimu before, so I showed her around the waterfalls and such. It's getting a bit cool out these days, so it's not swimming weather anymore, but it was still nice to look at.
Saturday night I went to Ryan's house, where he had a party to watch the England vs. South Africa Rugby match. I'm not a big Rugby fan, and I don't have a particular allegiance to either team, but I always enjoy a good party. Much to the annoyance of some of the diehard Rugby fans in the room, I chatted through most of the game.
Sunday was a bit of a slow day, as Sunday's tend to be around here. There was a festival in Ajimu that I went to watch for a little bit, but the majority of the day was just spent lounging around the apartment.

No comments: