Thursday, April 22, 2004

26th Birthday
Yesterday was my 26th Birthday, and my 3rd birthday now spent in Japan.
Although birthdays away from friends and family is always a bit of a sad affair, I feel like I've been taken good care of here in Japan the past few birthdays. My Japanese friends have done a great job of remembering.

Like my Adult English conversation class. Every year they remember when my birthday is, and are very eager to cancel class and have a party for me instead. (Actually, they seemed a little too eager to cancel my normal lesson. Hmmm....).

Of course Wednesday birthdays always suck. It's the middle of the work week. I was sleep deprived already from staying out too late the previous couple nights, and it is another few days of work before the weekend.
But I did have a fun time at the party with my class. Several of the mothers who attend brought lots of home made goodies, and we all had plenty to eat with lots of leftovers.

No comments: