Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Trip to Kyoto



More Old pictures. These go with the blog entry I posted back in November on going to Kyoto.

Link of the Day
(Sorry it took me so long to link to this Brett)
sara pointed this article out to me the other day...so i had to check it out. Basically, the article is about a group of prominent Christian conservative leaders that have started an environmental campaign to encourage americans to think about oil conservation and global warming. Excitedly, I read on...only to come to a screeching holt by a certain dumb ass who called the effort "a 'distraction' from abortion and family values."

The temptation to swear through the rest of this post is great, while my hope for a reality that Christians care about the environment is sinking. How can an issue that is so far from abortion still be about abortion? Is abortion the only thing that Christians care about? Can I be a Christian that cares about social justice and enviromental issues? Or does that just make me an uncaring leftist hippie who supports abortion? I hate politics. I'm so tired of this asinine two-party system. Believe it or not, I am against abortion. But have we neglected to consider how many more people there are that are dying from oil wars...not to mention starvation and diseases. Dobson has written some worthwhile books...but frankly, when he says things like this, he's distorting the image of God. And pisses me off.

1 comment:

Chris Powell said...

i havent been to kyoto yet but really wanna go. Just got back from a weekend in Okinawa though. It was nice. And so good to eat a real steak.