Friday, July 14, 2006

Halloween 1999






(Retrospection)

Perhaps my favorite Halloween ever. I dressed up like Rob and imitated him, he did likewise with me. We sent the pictures to Brett who was doing an exchange program in China. Brett's Korean girlfriend, who had never met either of us, thought that we looked good in each other's clothes, and should always keep the other one's fashion. We didn't follow the advice though, and the next day I was back to me, and Rob was back to Rob.

Useless Wikipedia Fact
Fictional Japanese Superheroes in the DC Universe:
Tsunami, aka Miya Shimada, an American citizen, the daughter of Japanese immigrants. She has superhuman control over the waves.
and
Doctor Light, aka Kimiyo Hoshi has the ability to manipulate ambient light for a variety of purposes. She can absorb all forms of illumination, and release that absorbed enregy as blinding flashes or light, or destructive laser beams. (Probably more, but those are the only two I know about).

Link of the Day
I've been lurking on Whiskey Prajer's blog (one of Phil's friends) for a long time now because I enjoy his thoughtful reviews of books and movies. He's started a project of blogging his favorite movies, counting down from 15. He's up to 11 last time I checked.
I think I'll sit this one out, but any one else feel like taking on the same project? I'm sure it would make interesting reading.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel! I just realized that you are home. Hope everything is going well. --- Hannah

Chris Powell said...

cool pics.

Dozer said...

You almost look like Rob in the third picture-standing a little farther away from the camera along with the hat.

Joel Swagman said...

I personally like the pictures of the Berry Fine