Friday, October 23, 2009

Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Bender's Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder

(Movie Reviews)

 So, last time I reviewed Bender's Big Score,and I said I would only review the other movies if my self-control broke down and I found myself wasting more time on the internet. 

Well, guess what? 

Now according to the rules I set out for myself on this project, I should give a separate review to each movie. But then again, these movies were split up and on TV aired as season 5 of Futurama. And I don't usually force myself to review television shows. It appears I'm in a bit of a grew area. 

Although they were originally released as direct to DVD feature-length movies, none of these really feel like real movies. They feel like TV shows. And in fact, they each have long meandering plots that seem like they were intended to be split into 22 minute segments rather than be watched all at once. 

So, obviously I've decided to split the difference and review the remainder of this series as one post instead of 3 separate ones. 

There's not a lot to say here that I didn't cover in my first review. The series is still a delightful mix of random and morbid humor. There are plenty of futuristic and alien gags to spice up the story line whenever things start to go dull. 

The guest stars that they were able to attract are impressive: Stephen Hawking, Rich Little, George Takei, Snoop Dogg, and Penn and Teller. (Actually, really just Stephen Hawking is the only one who's truly impressive out of that group). 

It's a waste of time, but it's a very pleasant waste of time. 

Link of the Day 

No comments: