Monday, July 01, 2013

From Reuters:
Facebook and the outer limits of free speech

And on a completely different note entirely--
Every now and again I like to search the Internet to see who else is blogging about their travels through Oita prefecture, and compare it to my own project.

Zooming Japan has an interesting post on Nakatsu City.
I lived in Nakatsu city for 3 years (and nearby it for another 3 years) and it always struck me as sort of the armpit of Oita prefecture--an ugly mass of urban sprawl.  The countryside surrounding Nakatsu is quite beautiful, but the central town not so much
Interesting, therefore, to see how Zooming Japan's take on it, because she has a knack for taking photographs that actually make the place look quite picture-esque.
And almost funny to me to see in her comments section like: Waaah Nakatsu seems like such a beautiful place  I should probably visit this place as well someday!

For my own take on Nataksu see here and here.

(See also zooming Japan's take on Yufuin, and my own takes here and here.)

No comments: