Sunday, April 27, 2014

Present Perfect Active and Passive Crossword Puzzle

(TESOL Worksheets--Present Perfect, Passive, Present Perfect Passive)
Google Docs Here , Answer Sheet Here
Questions: drive, docs, pub
PowerPoint: drive, slides, pub
[This is supposed to be a crossword puzzle.  Unfortunately blogger formatting can't handle a crossword puzzle.  So I'm just going to post the questions and answers here.  To make it into a crossword, go to a free crossword puzzle maker site, like Amored Penguin.  These questions are for a class studying the present perfect active and passive.  The answers are in the []brackets.]


He has written a book.  A book_______________ by him. [has been written]
John has written many books.  Many books____________ by John. [have been written]
The dogs have eaten all the food.  All the food__________ by the dogs. [has been eaten]
The dogs have eaten 2 sausages.   2 sausages ____________ by the dogs. [have been eaten]
The cat has caught the mouse.  The mouse__________ by the cat. [has been caught]
The cat has caught the mice  The mice ____________by  the cat. [have been caught]
I have driven a car.  A car ______________ by me. [has been driven]
I have driven many cars in my life.  Many cars______________ by me. [have been driven]
He has drunk all the coffee.  All the coffee _______________ by him. [has been drunk]
He has drunk 5 cups of coffee. 5 cups of coffee ____________ by him. [have been drunk]
The committee has awarded the prize to John.  John _________ the prize. [has been awarded]
The committee has awarded the prize to  John and Mary.  John and Mary _________ the prize. [have been awarded]
He has left money for pizza.  Money ____________ for pizza. [has been left]
He has left 20 books for me.  20 books ____________ for me. [have been left]
I have lost my passport  My passport _____________ .[has been lost]
I have lost my books.  My books _______________ .[have been lost]







Update:  At the new school where I'm currently working at now, they've got a lot of really creative ideas for puzzles and crosswords.  One idea is to paste the questions around the room, instead of on the paper.  So something I've been doing lately with these crosswords is cutting off the questions, and photocopying it with just the crossword blanks.  Then the students have to walk around the room to find the questions.  (Because getting this crossword correct relies on exact phrasing of the answer, I also will put the answers up around the room at different points.)  This works either as just a way to get the students to walk around the room, or it can also be adopted to a running dictation, where one student sits at their desk, and the other student runs around the room to find the questions and report back.

Below are the questions and answers I used for the first crossword puzzle.  Also at Google Docs Here.  Also a PowerPoint presentation I use to set up the activity, and then to check the answers at the end, is on Google Docs Here.
9 Across
He has written a book.  A book_______________ by him.

11 Across
John has written many books.  Many books____________ by John.

12 Across
The dogs have eaten all the food.  All the food__________ by the dogs.

3 Downâ
The dogs have eaten 2 sausages.   2 sausages ____________ by the dogs.

5 Downâ
The cat has caught the mouse.  The mouse__________ by the cat.

2 Down â
The cat has caught the mice.  The mice ____________by  the cat.
1 Downâ
I have driven a car.  A car ______________ by me.

5 Across
I have driven many cars in my life.  Many cars______________ by me.

4 Across
He has drunk all the coffee.  All the coffee _______________ by him.

1 Across
He has drunk 5 cups of coffee. 5 cups of coffee ____________ by him.

13 Across
The committee has awarded the prize to John.  John _________ the prize.


7 Downâ
The committee has awarded the prize to  John and Mary.  John and Mary _________ the prize.

6 Across
He has left money for pizza.  Money ____________ for pizza.

10 Downâ
He has left 20 books for me.  20 books ____________ for me.


14 Across
I have lost my passport  My passport
_____________ .


8 Downâ
I have lost my books.  My books _______________ .



No comments: