Friday, September 19, 2014

Gerunds: Crosswords

(TESOL Worksheets--Gerunds)
Google Docs Version Here, Answer Sheet Here
Questions for cutting up and posting around the room: docs, pub
[This is a crossword activity for practicing gerunds. Although the crossword won't post on blogger, the questions I used are listed below, and can be plugged into a free crossword making site like armoredpenguin.com.  Or, the crossword I made are available as PDF sheets at Google Docs on the links above.]

He is worried about ___________ in the water. [drown]
He was happy about _____________ the race. [win]
I am very fond of ___________ in the morning. [swim]
Susan is just crazy about _________. [dance]
She dreams of _____________ an actress. [become]
He is very fond of __________ fast cars. [drive]
He is tired from ___________ all day. [walk]
He's addicted to ________ the Internet. [surf]
She was best remembered for _________ apple pies. [make]
My reason for ____________ is to improve my English. [study]
I am bored of _________ pizza every day. [eat]
Peter is known for ________ other people's things out the window. [throw]
Aaron has always dreamed about ________ soccer in the world cup. [play]
I am dedicated to _____________ my English. [improve]
Justin is very good at _________. [sing]
He's obsessed with ________ soap operas. [watch]
I am concentrating on __________ my homework. [do]
His fear of __________ his job causes him to work harder. [lose]
He's anxious about ________ the marathon. [run]
I am interested in _________ with animals. [work]
She has a reputation for _________. [lie]







4 Across→
Susan is just crazy about ___________. [dance]
8 Across→
I am dedicated to ___________ my English. [improve]
9 Across→
Peter is known for  ___________ other people’s things out the window. [throw]
11 Across→
I am very fond of ___________ in the morning. [swim]
12 Across→
He’s addicted to  ___________ the Internet. [surf]
13 Across→
My reason for  ___________ is to improve my English. [study]
15 Across→
I am bored of  ___________ pizza every day. [eat]
16 Across→
Justin is very good at  ___________. [sing]
18 Across→
Aaron has always dreamed about  ___________ soccer in the World Cup. [play]
20 Across→
I am concentrating on  ___________ my homework. [do]
21 Across→
He was happy about  ___________ the race. [win]

1 Down↓
She dreams of  ___________ an actress. [become]
2 Down↓
She was best remembered for   ___________ apple pies. [make]
3 Down↓
He’s anxious about   ___________ the marathon. [run]
5 Down↓
He is worried about  ___________ in the water. [drown]
6 Down↓
He’s obsessed with  ___________ soap operas. [watch]
7 Down↓
She has a reputation for  ___________. [lie]
10 Down↓
I am interested in ___________ with animals. [work]
14 Down↓
He is very fond of  ___________ fast cars. [drive]
17 Down↓
He is tired from  ___________ all day. [walk]
19 Down↓
His fear of  ___________ his job causes him to work harder. [lose]


No comments: