Thursday, September 25, 2014

Learner Needs Analysis Forms

(TESOL Worksheets)
[These are some needs analysis forms I used on the first day of class.  The first one is for a remedial listening and speaking class.  This was for students who failed either the listening test or the speaking assessment.  Most of the time it was for the listening test.  The Google Docs version is here (drive, docs, pub).  The second one is for business English.  The Google Docs Version is here (drive, docs, pub).]

Listening Survey Form:

Name (optional):__________________________

(Please Circle One):
I am in this class because I failed:  Listening      Speaking 

(Please Circle One):
This is:   My first time in the Remedial Listening class     
           my ____ time taking Remedial Listening


In my opinion, I think I failed the test because:






What is your biggest listening weak point? (Please circle only one)

A.     I don’t know enough English vocabulary, and so do badly on the test because I don’t recognize some of  the words.
B.     I can understand written English okay, but I don’t know how they are pronounced in natural English, and so I have trouble recognizing the words that the native speaker is saying.
C.      I can listen and understand English words in isolation (one by one), but when listening to a sentence all the words seem to run together and I can’t tell where one word ends and another word begins.
D.     I have trouble understanding the main idea of a long listening passage.
E.      . Other (please write):



What would you like to do during this class?  (Circle as many as applicable)

Speaking practice                              Listening practice                          Pronunciation practice


When doing listening practice, what types of practice do you find useful (Circle as many as applicable)

1.       Listening to a long listening section and answering questions about main ideas
2.      Listening to a long listening section and answering specific questions about details
3.      Listening to a short listening section and identifying specific words
4.      Learning about the pronunciation of English words so I can better identify them when listening to them
5.      Vocabulary building exercises
6.      Other (please write):


 ********************************************

 Name:
 Which courses have you already studied at?


What is your current occupation?


Why are you studying business English?


What do you hope to get out of this course?


What are you interested in focusing on in this course?


What are you not interested in focusing on?





No comments: