Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Used to: Guess your partner's answers

(TESOL Worksheets--used to)
Google: drive, docs, pub
[The students write answers which are true for them.  Then they attempt to guess the answers their partner has written.  They get one point for each correct answer.  They attempt to get more points than their partner.
Update (11/15/2014)--I've just realized that this activity is not originally mine.  It comes originally from onestopenglish.com.  I had re-written the game into Microsoft Word because I didn't like the formatting of the original worksheet.  Then, many months later, when going through my old teaching materials, I found this Microsoft Word worksheet and forgot it was not my own original creation.  So I posted it on this blog.  It was not my original intention to steal content from onestopenglish.com.  However, the damage already having been done, I'm going to go ahead and leave this post up.]

Fill in the blanks with sentences that are true for you.
                                                                                `                                                              
1. I used to enjoy______________
2. I used to be afraid of____________
3. I used to like eating____________
4. I used to hate eating____________
5. I used to have a __________________
6. I used to play with _______________
7. I used to _____________ at weekends
8. I used to __________ before going to bed
9. I used to __________ in the holidays
10.  used to ___________ on my birthday




My Guess                                                                                            `                                                                      correct?
1. My partner used to enjoy______________

2. My partner used to be afraid of____________

3. My partner used to like eating____________

4. My partner used to hate eating____________

5. My partner used to have a __________________

6. My partner used to play with _______________

7. My partner used to _____________ at weekends

8. My partner used to __________ before going to bed

9. My partner used to __________ in the holidays

10. My partner used to ___________ on his/her birthday




No comments: