Thursday, May 21, 2015

Falling Leaves. Phonics: Words ending with ck

(TESOL Worksheets--Spelling, Pronunciationphonics)
[This is a phonics lesson on words ending with the letters "ck" for very young children.  It was created to supplement a lesson in the textbook English World, and the words selected are from the textbook.  Since I believe it can also potentially stand on its own, I'm posting it here as well.  
This game is Falling Leaves.  It's a game I recently got from one of the senior teachers at my school.
First, I review the spelling and pronunciation of the words with the PowerPoint presentation.  (On Google Here (drive, slides, pub), and embedded below.)
Then the students are put into groups, and assigned a color.  
Before class I photocopy the cards on to different color pieces of paper.  I throw these papers up in the air, and the students grab the color for their group.  Then they try to arrange these letters on the sheet I give them beneath the appropriate picture.
I haven't uploaded the pictures to blogger, so the text below doesn't contain the pictures.  But it can be viewed at Google Here (drive, docs, pub).]





















cards
s
a
c
k
s
o
c
k
d
u
c
k




Answers:
s
a
c
k
s
o
c
k
d
u
c
k



No comments: