Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Was Were Computer Game at British Council Website

[In an effort to keep track of useful materials--so I can find it again when I need it--I'm collecting links to stuff that I've had good luck with using in class. I'm indexing it, along with my own materials, over here and here.   The above link is to materials that I've used successfully for a lesson on Was/Were with young children.
The link above has two games, but it was the second game (the one lower on the screen.)  That I had the most success with.  We did it on an interactive white board, so the screen was displayed on the board, and the students could choose the correct words by touching the screen.  We did it as a class relay, where one student would race up to the board, solve the sentence puzzle as fast as they could, and then race back to tap the next student, who would then run up to solve the next puzzle.  Then the students would play again to try to beat their previous time.  They absolutely loved this--worked really well in the class.]

No comments: