Saturday, June 13, 2015

Shapes, Colors, Sizes ESL Vocabulary Game – Catapult Game

[In an effort to keep track of useful materials--so I can find it again when I need it--I'm collecting links to stuff that I've had good luck with using in class. I'm indexing it, along with my own materials, over here and here.
I've been linking to a lot of stuff from www.eslgamesplus.com recently.  (Perhaps I should just link to it once instead of linking to each individual game I used, but oh well.)  The above game is one that my class requested to do.  (They must have gotten it from a previous teacher or something, because I didn't know about it.)  It didn't review anything from our lesson specifically, but they just went nuts for it.  The class is divided into two teams, and each team answers questions to get a chance to attack the other team's castle.  My class of young children loved this game.  Since one castle has a man in the window, and the other castle has a woman, they wanted to do this game as boys versus girls.  And the gender rivalry during this game was very intense.

I did the Shapes, colors, sizes games, but under the classroom games section on eslgamesplus.com, there's a whole bunch of similar games with different variations.  There are more catapult games with different types of questions, and also various pirate games in which, instead of catapults, the students shoot cannons at each other.]

No comments: