Thursday, November 10, 2016

From Uproxx.com
A High Schooler Who Helped Organize An Anti-Trump Protest Explains What Motivated Her To Hit The Streets

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to embed the video.  But this clip is well worth watching.  You can clearly hear the pain in this girl's voice.

Partial transcript via uproxx:

“It means a lot to me right now because a lot of my family, a lot of my friends are undocumented. It’s not fair, it’s really not fair that he said that he will deport every Mexican, every Central American. He said that basically Mexicans are drug dealers, and that’s not true! It’s very not true. We are a working class, we struggle in this city, and it’s very hard.”


Which reinforces what I previously said about the anti-Trump protests---when you run that sort of campaign, this is the sort of protest you have to expect.

Update--copy of the video below

No comments: