Tuesday, December 27, 2016

From Yahoo.com
Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60: ‘She Was Loved by the World and She Will Be Missed Profoundly’

My thoughts:
1) Not being an overly superstitious person, I haven't until now put much stock in the belief that 2016 is a cursed year.  And I know most of the people spreading this meme have been doing so half in jest.  But the joke is starting to seem eerily true.
2) Like everyone else my age, Carrie Fisher was a huge part of my childhood.
3) It's probably callous for us fans to bemoan what this means to the movie franchise.  (It overlooks the fact that a real human being has actually died.)  But I can't help but feel bad that this means I won't see Princess Leia on screen anymore.  (The filming for Episode VIII is reportedly already completed, but this means she won't be in Episode IX).

No comments: