Sunday, June 25, 2017

Interesting Random Facts--The Kingdom of Kush in the Bible

So, this Extra History video here  mentioned the Kingdom of Kush, which got me thinking:



The Kingdom of Kush is one of those names that I remember from Bible class in my school days, but I suddenly realized that I know nothing about it.

Wikipedia article on the ancient Kingdom of Kush here.

Also according to Wikipedia, the Bible identifies the Kingdom of Kush with Cush, the oldest son of Ham, son of Noah.
Cush was the father of Nimrod, and, according to Wikipedia, the Bible gets a bit confused with the exact location of the land of Cush, and Cush is alternately identified in Scripture with the Kingdom of Kush, ancient Sudan, and/or the Arabian Peninsula.[1].

For a list of all the times the Cush is mentioned in the Bible, see here.

No comments: